Monday, September 20, 2010

Weibe On Top Again

I don't know why, but I thoroughly enjoy seeing classic arcade games getting new records. Maybe it's because most of them are set by Billy Mitchell, who kind of acts like a pompous jerk, and seeing him defeated is glorifying. Maybe it's because the Donkey Kong ordeal is becoming an epic battle of geeklike proportions. I like cheering on the underdog. Or it might be that I like saying Weibe (wee-be).

Whatever the case may be, Steve Weibe has again trumped Mitchell's Donkey Kong record on August 30th, officially verified today by TwinGalaxies.Weibe is starting to age through. Maybe going back and forth on this record is taking a toll on his body. From the Weibster:

"I played at least one game a day during the summer stretch, which is about two months long.  Around the 4th of July, I came down with a virus that affected my vision and balance.  My mom joked that it was from too much Donkey Kong. I thought that the record might not happen this summer, but on the last day before returning to school, I was able to get that one game I was waiting for."

Congrats yet again Weibe! Hopefully your score will stay on top this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.