Monday, January 16, 2012

Lessons Through Gaming

And you know this has to be legit because it's coming from an online business magazine. Kendrick Chua states that an IPad game taught him some of the greatest lessons of his life.

What can I possibly learn from a game whose title is “Blood and Glory”? Surprisingly, a lot!

He proclaims this with such vigor that you have to wonder what was so great about that game. More then my silly lists of things learned from video games. Though I still maintain that my comment about BioWare is very true to reality.

But Chua's lessons were very practical, especially in the business world. When resources are limited, go to the one that will provide you the most in the long run; Don't always play defense; The journey is more fun then the end result.

The last one sounds a bit too cheesy for my tastes. "It's not about winning but how you play the game!" Right. I'm sure every sports team agrees with that statement. Heck, if you don't apply that to a game then why are you playing it in the first place?

But I digress. It's nice to see more positive articles about gaming as of late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.