Monday, October 15, 2012

Master Chief Radio

I listen to iHeart at work. There are a lot of stations locally that have pretty good stream of music and talk, and commercials are so few and far between that I don’t even notice them. So imagine my surprise when I found there was a Halo 4 station presented by 343 Studios.

Of course I had to click on it and listen.

Here’s the kicker: iHeart focuses on radio stations in the U.S. Everything is fair-play with the exception of college radio. Though they do have “Coffee Shop” if that counts. Basically if it’s not a top 40’s of rock, pop, classical, talk, or dance, you won’t find it on iHeart. Mumford and Sons have their own channel…that’s the type of music set-up we’re talking about here. Video game music need not apply. You’ll still have to head over to Live365 for that.

So Master Chief Radio is a mixture of music you can currently find on today’s radio, in alternative, rap, and very, very, very light trance. The things all the cool Halo kids would listen to. The idea is to get you into Halo 4 mode, and now you have a station to listen to when the game comes out and you get sick of the soundtrack. Of course why would you…it’s Halo.

So no, you won’t get any sneak-peeks of Halo 4 songs. Sorry everyone. But apparently, this is the stuff Master Chief would have blaring in his helmet as he’s off to fight the Covenant. Linkin Park? Ok I could see that. The Darkness? Mmm. I don’t think so.

“Master Chief. We need you to head up the team. Covenant are swarming the area and we have to move fast.”

*chief bops his head*

“Master Chief?”

*random solder can hear a muffled voice under the Chief’s helmet*

“Sir?”

*in best Steve Downes singing as Master Chief voice that one can muster* “I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love
Ooh!”



Yeah. No. Won’t happen. Ever. Master Chief is much cooler than that. Not that there is anything wrong with The Darkness. I enjoy them. But I’m pretty sure Master Chief wouldn’t swing that way. AC DC is more of his style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.