Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Video Game Bucket List Update

Many moons ago, December 26, 2012 to be exact, I created a list of gaming confessions. Things that I have never played or accomplished in video games. I felt it was time to cross off a few of those items, and to add to said list. It's inching closer to 3 years, so now is as good of a time as any!

So what have I done since 12/2012 to upgrade the list? Let's knock off the items that have been fulfilled:

- In fact, Skyward Sword is still sitting in its original wrapping. I haven’t played it yet.

Not only have I finally opened the wrapping, I have played this game! It's good. Majora's Mask is better.

- Dragon Age: Haven’t played. Never been inclined, no matter how many times I’ve been told it’s great.

Have played. I'm not fond of the combat system and how crappy it is to play a mage in this game. The characters make the story, and I didn't like how absolutely lost I felt after the initial walk-through. Still haven't fully grasped the nerve to play the second game. But I'm head over heels in love with Inquisition. Take whatever you want from that mess. lol

- GTAIV: Unfinished. I have a slew of side-missions to complete that I just gave up on. I don’t really know why, but I haven’t been motivated to pick the game back up. To add, I did, at least, finish up the primary story. Hopefully that counts for something.

Side-quests all completed! Huzzah!

- Get a full stable of Golden Chocobo’s in FFVII. There is a way to do it, and it is real.

If I could screen shot my PS1 I would have to show proof. :(

- Take the Level 1 Final Fantasy VIII challenge.

This is surprisingly much more challenging then I had anticipated. For those who don't know, FF8 is a game where the monsters level up with you. So as you get more powerful, so do they. It's "easier" to complete the game when you are at a lower level. You can still get some of the Guardian Forces and all of the magic, but you are limited on abilities. To stay at level 1, you have to run away from every fight and only focus on the ones that you are forced to do. Even then, unless you are using a GameGenie, you are going to level up. There's no way around it.

I was able to finish the game around Level 9, and it did make the final boss fight immensely easier. But wow...this was a struggle I did not expect.

- Play DDR. Yeah, I still haven’t played it. Not once.

And I totally sucked at this.



Things to add to the list:

- Finish Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I don't know WHY I haven't yet. I really don't! I love all of the characters, Handsome Jack in particular. Plus butt stomping.

- Get the "Befriend Jesus" achievement in South Park: The Stick of Truth.

The only reason I haven't is because I don't like the "Jew" job class. It's clunky and the abilities are so repetitive - and there's a lot of repetition in all of the jobs with this game.

- Play NBA2K14 with the Space Jam mod.

I've been told it makes the game "that" much better. I'm still creeped out by the look.

- Play through Call of Duty: Advance Warfare without mocking it.

My greatest challenge ever.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.