Tuesday, February 02, 2016

No. Pikachu is Not Going to be Voiced by Danny DeVito

Apologies for not posting yesterday and disrupting the schedule. I was stuck in bed with a massive case of sickies. Not the PAX Pox, but pretty close to it. I'll have reviews of my favorite games from PAX South later this week.

For now, we must talk about something very serious and equally amusing. Danny DeVito. For some reason people want him to be in a Pokémon game. So much so that they created a Change.org petition to try and convince Nintendo to cast the actor to voice Pikachu in the upcoming Pokémon Detective. Almost 40,000 people have signed up to attempt to make this happen.

Let's be real here.

It's not going to happen.

Nintendo has a very clear path for Pokémon, and Danny DeVito does not fit into their framework. This is clearly someone trolling that turned into a craze for our amusement.

And amusing it is. Let's just integrate some quotes from him as Frank Reynolds, a character on the show It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia, to the tune of Pokémon. Just imagine your trainer on the field, and Pikachu as Danny DeVito saying this as part of the party banter:

"This is a brilliant idea, hobovertising! Come on it looks good, beer 'em."

"God what the hell has gotten into you the last couple days?"

"Look, if I cave on this, I'm gonna be bailing you guys out for the rest of my life. I'm putting my foot down on this one. You bitches gotta earn your own money!"

"You've got a lot of balls, stealing my money. This shows leadership, I am promoting you to management."


And it goes on. Chances of it happening: 0. But thank you internet for bringing us something to laugh about today.

2 comments:

  1. You're probably right. It seems too oblique and weird and expensive for Nintendo to even consider.

    But... But what if? WHAT IF?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain would be filled with 'It's Always Sunny' quotes and I'll never be able to properly finish the game without laughing to death. XD

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.