Friday, April 28, 2017

Faking Your Way in Video Game Chats

Sometimes the internet takes itself way too seriously. And then there's Kotaku to lighten it up with a silly article. 'How To Fake Your Way Through Conversations About The Hottest Video Games.' If you ignore the comments of people not realizing that this was meant to be a humorous article, it's lighthearted approach can be charming.

Obviously the honest way into, and out, or these conversations about games is to be upfront and say "I haven't played it." Then wait until the topic changes to something that you can comment on while you stand to the side like an awkward duck.

Been there. Done that. The chat typically turns into "oh, so this is why you have to play" and then you'll be bombarded with dozens of reasons on why you should try it out. Even if you have no interest in it (sorry dudes; you're not getting me to play Final Fantasy XV).

My go-to response is "I've heard a few things about the game, but I haven't had time to play it." This is my reality. I'm absorbed in the gaming culture, but with so much out there to play, there just isn't time to try it all. Not between work, my second business, and this blog. It doesn't help that March was open-world bonanza month, and I am now attempting to 100% all of these games I've had to neglect. And I must complete all the things. The response also keeps me active in the conversation so I can enjoy the discussion without having to slink off. Try it some time. You have my permission to use it.

Whatever your reasons for not playing the latest games, that's okay! You do you and enjoy this silly article from Kotaku. Don't take it so seriously.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.