Saturday, October 16, 2010

And As Much As I Love SE...

I think at this point, there will never be a Kingdom Hearts 3. If you thought the multitude or spin-offs for Final Fantasy VII were bad, Kingdom Hearts has taken the crown.

Kingdom Hearts: Recoded has an official NA release date of January 11, 2011. So what is this version of the KH franchise? It's a retelling of Kingdom Hearts 2 through the diary you kept with Jiminy Cricket. I know. It doesn't make sense to me either. It's also a remake of the 2008 cell phone game released in Japan.

What's different is that there are new battle modes, what SE is calling a branching system that can lead into different abilities for each character. At one point you can turn from the traditional KH fighting style into an RPG or a rail-shooter.

Really, I don't know where to go with any of this. I think we're at 11 Kingdom Hearts games? We've been waiting on KH3 since 2006. So can we just cut the crap and get on with it? I've given up on the spin-offs, because they really don't add or detract from my understanding of the main plot. At one point, people are going to stop buying them. Hopefully. So on with the program please. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.