Monday, February 06, 2012

Simpsons Arcade Game Now On Consoles

Talk about nostalgia. I remember spending hours with my brother in the Putt-Putt Arcade room playing this game. Since 1991, it has been a favorite amongst my age-group. It was a simple premise. Taking the characters of Springfield and you as one of the Simpson family members must make your way across the city to get Maggie back, who's been kidnapped by Mr. Burns. I don't remember why, but there was a reason behind it. It was like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but with the Simpsons and the loveable characters.

After a few failed attempts at getting this to homes, it has come to fruition. Backbone Entertainment working with Konami, who still holds the rights to the game, will have a downloadable version ready on the PSN starting tomorrow and it's currently available on Xbox 360 to mark the show's 500th episode. From what I've read, it sounds like the classic just with a minor visual update. That's fine with me. The Simpsons could use a face lift.

1 comment:

  1. I remember it being at my old movie theater back in the day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.