Thursday, May 03, 2012

The Current State of Game Bosses

Ok. After my giant piece yesterday I'm going to give you all a break. Because that was a long ass post. I'm sure a number of you took a break about halfway through. Sorry about that. I'll be more aware next time.

But to keep the void filled, here's a frank discussion about video game bosses.

I don't know if I have a favorite boss battle/sequence/fight/etc. I have a list of annoying fights, but none that were incredibly memorable enough to make me go "wow, that was awesome. I want to do that again!" In many ways they were a gratifiying end to an intensive fight. The kind of thing where you feel happy to stand over their corpse and say "Yep. I did that." I like the battles that require you to think. MGS style. Sure you can shoot at them until they're dead, but the really good ones need you to utalize your environment, or solve a puzzle in order to progress.

So there you go. Enjoy the reading break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.