Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another Movie In The Works


I just…I don’t know. I’m going to give up on Hollywood at this rate.

Mass Effect. The Movie!

I mean, really? Someone please explain to me how the hell you can make a game based on player decisions into a movie? I realize that the story arc is going to be the same regardless of what path you choose to follow in the game. However, those nuances of the game by selecting different answers and outcomes is part of the charm of Mass Effect (and why I’m enjoying it even more going Renegade).

The rights to Mass Effect for film purposes were purchased back in 2008 by Legendary Entertainment, but they have been sitting on the property. Until Mass Effect 3 became the “it” thing, followed by rage. The original screenplay was in the hands of Mark Protosevich (Thor, I Am Legend), but it’s now going to Morgan Davis Foehl. Um…he’s best known for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Yeah. Fail.

On the plus he was an assistant editor for the FX show Rescue Me. That’s not a writer, but um, that’s something.

Apparently he was tapped because he’s a fan of Mass Effect and has helped pen other action movies. Very, very small writing credits. So I don’t know why Legendary is rolling with him; it has to be something in his contract.

Now Muzyka and Zeschuk, will be executive producers on the project (co-founders of Bioware) so there might be some silver lining to this. Also the Arad’s (Avi and Ari) will be producing the film. They’ll also be behind the Uncharted, Infamous, and MGS movies.

Take that as you will. I’m going to sit over here and weep for the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.