Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gaming Confessions


Not my image. I've done all of those things.
Beat Battletoads? Psh. Too easy.

#EndOfTheWorldConfessions is the hashtag, and people were happy to unload their secrets to the world, hoping that it would all end. And it didn’t. We’re still here. Skynet is still building it’s robots. Global Warming is still happening. Its 24 degress outside with snow, yes real snow not that fake icy-slushy stuff people complain about, in Texas. It feels like the end of the world, but it’s just another day. Tomorrow it’ll be sunny and 45. Just watch. I predict 80’s by this time next week. Go Texas go!
 

But the silly “confessions” along with the depressing ones (geek is still a 4 letter word in the real world, so calling yourself out can be problematic) caused me to wonder about my own gaming secrets and to-do list. It seems silly, I know. But how many of you were hoping that nothing bad happened to you before the release of Halo 3? Come on. I’m sure some of you started praying to whatever god would listen so you could gun down the Covenant one more time, because you would feel remorse about your death by not playing that one game.


My List and Confessions (which will be updated as needed):

I’ve never maxed out my Rupee’s in and Legend of Zelda.

In fact, Skyward Sword is still sitting in its original wrapping. I haven’t played it yet.

Dragon Age: Haven’t played. Never been inclined, no matter how many times I’ve been told it’s great.

Metal Gear Solid 2: I’d like to at least play through this once, just once, without laughing at Raiden. Not with him, at him. I can’t keep a straight face when he slips in the pigeon poop. I can’t help it.

Angry Birds is a lot of fun to play. If you can’t accept that as a hardcore gamer, then you’re doing it wrong. I’m sorry to tell you. But no, it is not a game worthy of “best music.”

GTAIV: Unfinished. I have a slew of side-missions to complete that I just gave up on. I don’t really know why, but I haven’t been motivated to pick the game back up. To add, I did, at least, finish up the primary story. Hopefully that counts for something.

Finally capture MewTwo in one of the original Pokemon games. That was the only one that eluded me.

Learn a combo move in Street Fighter. After all of these years, I still don’t know a damn one.

Destroy a town I built in SimCity. I never could compel myself to do it on my own creation. The pre-rendered ones? Different story.

Get a full stable of Golden Chocobo’s in FFVII. There is a way to do it, and it is real.

Make a level in LittleBigPlanet (1 or 2) that is worth something to someone other than myself and my friends. (Damn that h2h.)

Once, just once, be able to jump up the walls in Super Metroid without ever sliding down. (Swear to dog it happens every damn time.)

Take the 30 minute Super Mario World challenge.

Take the Level 1 Final Fantasy VIII challenge.

Shoot a perfect game in HotShotsGolf.

Make it to a Donkey Kong or PacMan kill screen. I don’t care about the points, I just want to get to that final level.

Play DDR. Yeah, I still haven’t played it. Not once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.