Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Level 1,000

After nearly 4 years of this blog's existence, many days of headaches, Blogger issues, and technology being technology, and fanboys being -of course- fanboys, I have made it to another milestone.

This post marks my 1,000th blog entry.

And the villagers rejoice.

I should probably be gloating right now about how proud I am to have lasted for so long, while other blogs have fizzled out. And yes, I am happy that I've reached this point. It's been a fantastic ride so far and I want to keep this up for as long as I can. I originally started this blog with a goal to make it for one year. One year, posting 4-5 times a week, about a topic that I love. I made it and didn't stop. And now I've hit 1k.

I hope to keep moving forward and posting until it's physically impossible to keep up. It's become a part of my daily routine, and I have found myself more immersed into gaming then I had ever imagined.

This is far from the end of The Geek Spot. I plan to keep this little blog running for years to come.

So I end this note with a look back at some of my favorite posts of the past 4 years:

Live Free or Die Donkey Kong. This is one of the few blog titles that I have created that always makes me smile. I love my title! Most likely I was in a Die Hard mood that day.

The Myth of Gender Equality in Video Games. While many people are outspoken about the portrayal of women in video games, very few look at action or FPS titles where the female characters are not glamorized in the same manner as as Princess. But this is still one of the few pieces that I feel continues to provoke thoughts and discussions about female characters. And that just because you wear combat armor does not remove you from the stereotypes.

Bittersweet Symphony. As a reminder that I hate you all for getting me onto the Mass Effect bandwagon.

Movies That Should Be Games. The internet constantly talks about games that should be movies, but rarely vice-versa. So, this was my list. And I stand by it even now.

The Feminist Stance On Bayonetta. Like the Myth of Gender Equality, women like Bayonetta. They like her a lot. It seemed appropriate to finally write about it.

And any post involving Katamari. Because it's Katamari. I shouldn't need to explain myself here.




Thanks everyone for reading and your continued support!

2 comments:

  1. And thank you for the thoughtful posts. I look forward to many more years of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make them another great 1,000. Or at least mildly entertaining.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.