Friday, April 18, 2014

Games for Charity

Today, I turn another year older.

And that's all I'm going to say. I'm in the mood for a feel-good story this morning. So here's a teenager raising money for cancer research and Relay For Life by playing video games. Chaz Ruggieri has had 2 family members with back to back cancer diagnosis and wanted to do something about it. So he worked with his local Play n'Trade store and will host gaming tournaments from now until June, with all proceeds being donated to Relay For Life.

The game choices leave something to be desired: one of three versions of Super Smash Brothers. But hey, fighting tournaments are always enjoyable and it's Smash. Mario beating up Link will never get old. Ever. 

For those who can't make it to Huntington in New York, the Relay for Life website is also taking donations under the name "Huntington Back Room team." Keep it up kid. Good to see gaming...doing...good...things. I'm not eloquent today. I think I should get a pass since I'm older. 

And for those who want a little more meat in their gaming news sauce today, here's a guy talking about why the morality feature in games is outdated and needs to go. And yeah...I'll talk about it another day. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.