Friday, February 27, 2015

May He Always Prosper ~



It's with a heavy and sad heart that I post this. The incomparable Leonard Nimoy has passed. He was 83. The cause of death was due to the end-stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It was a disease Nimoy announced that he had last year, and believes it was due to his years of smoking at a younger age. Many of us know Nimoy as Mister Spock from Star Trek, but he was also an accomplished writer, musician, and photographer. He has a slew of accolades to his credit, and he has a legacy that his family will always be proud of. He brought joy to the world through his acting, but also gave us a chance to think and expand our minds with his intellectual wit.

I don't have a real-world connection to Nimoy. I have always wanted to meet the man, out of all of the Star Trek cast members. Not because he was Spock (McCoy was always my favorite...sorry!) but because of this work post Star Trek. Because of the man he became and how he loved his fans so much that when other actors on the series rejected the notion of conventions in the initial years, he dove head first. 

Star Trek for me was the show that spawned my creative pursuits. To think that, that type of world could exist outside of the confines of a book...wow! What else can people do with movies and tv? I adored it. Still do. My profound love for Star Wars will always be there, but Star Trek is where everything began for me. I have an immense amount of respect for everyone who has ever been involved in a Star Trek episode, movie, or event. Nimoy was a cut above the rest.

He will be missed.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." ~ Spock, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We ask that you please do not include any offensive, sexist, or derogatory language - otherwise your comment will be removed.